Talking Money is a Bristol-based money advice charity with a vision of communities living without poverty. Our team works to provide free, independent, specialist debt and benefits advice, and general money guidance, information and support to over 1500 local citizens a year. We have a strong track record of providing training and consultancy to local voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations.
Money Advice Caseworker
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Length of contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2022
Grade & Salary: SCP 12 – 25, £21,589 – £27,905 (qualification bar at SCP 19, £24,799)
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Money Advice Caseworker to deliver generalist and specialist debt advice contributing to Talking Money’s wider mission of empowering and enabling people to tackle financial challenges through advice, financial education and support. We encourage collaborative working across roles to problem solve and expediate better outcomes for clients.
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to:
- The delivery of generalist and specialist debt advice to clients, face-to-face, over the phone or online.
- Negotiation, advocacy and support for clients where appropriate (e.g. with creditors, at court hearings etc).
- Income maximisation and/or financial capability support to clients as linked to their debt advice.
- Promotion of service user empowerment, focusing on people’s capabilities rather than problems and needs, through information and support to use self-help where possible.
- Providing an integrated money advice service by actively working alongside and promoting Talking Money’s other services and use referral networks for help and support in other areas of legal help.
- Participation in the delivery of office and outreach based advice including home visits where required.
Further information about this position can be found in the Job Description and Personal Specifications below:
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable and send along with the Equal Opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no closing date for applications – we are considering applications on a per person basis and will end the advert when we have met our recruitment needs.
We are committed to supporting you in the application process; please do let us know if we can help in any particular way.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Tamra Mannin on email@example.com or 07886718301.