Money Advice Caseworker
Salary: SCP 12 – 25 (£21,589 - £28,785)
Hours: 25-30 hours - days to be negotiated
Contract Details: 8 months fixed term
Details of Role:
The delivery of specialist money advice and casework, and contributing to Talking Money’s wider mission of empowering and enabling people to tackle financial challenges through advice, financial education and support.
- To deliver specialist* money advice for clients in debt, at Talking Money’s offices, face-to-face, over the phone or online, at outreach sessions, or by means of home visits.
- To provide negotiation, advocacy and support for clients where appropriate (e.g. with creditors, at court hearings etc).
- To work with other teams at Talking Money and external organisations to provide a holistic service to clients in benefits, energy and financial capability.
- To maintain full and accurate case records and statistical monitoring and evaluation information, using agreed methods, process and software systems.
- To understand and meet the requirements of a variety of funding contracts, e.g. through negotiated individual targets or specific projects.
- To participate in the delivery of office- and outreach-based advice, including home visits on occasion.
- To provide individual or group supervision for students and/or volunteers where capacity permits, with support from the leadership team and wider staff team.
- To attend appropriate training courses and conferences.
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation, policies and practices – this may include developing a specific area of expertise and acting as a resource for the wider staff team (e.g. Disability Benefits, Housing Law).
- To represent Talking Money at appropriate forums and meetings, liaising with partner agencies and other service providers in the area.
- To contribute to (or lead on) specific tasks (these will be taken into account when determining weekly targets) – e.g.delivering training sessions on debt advice to partner agencies, running financial capability or income maximisation workshops for service users or client-facing workers, providing income maximisation and/or financial capability support to service users linked to their specialist debt advice.
- To promote service user empowerment by informing and supporting them to use self-help delivery channels, such as working with volunteers to access digital self-help methods in relation to debt etc.
- To work as an effective member of the Talking Money team, giving and receiving support, working co-operatively and attending meetings.
- To work at all times within Talking Money’s policies and procedures, including those within the Staff Handbook, and supporting documentation.
- To abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for the safety of yourself and colleagues.
- To undertake other reasonable tasks as required to ensure compliance with funding agreements/contracts and to assist in the running of the service.
- *Specialist debt advice - in accordance with agreed Quality Mark standards for debt advice.
This position is subject to DBS clearance.
How to Apply:
If you prefer you can post the forms to: Talking Money, 1 Hide Market, West Street, Bristol, BS2 0BH.
Further information can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification.
We will close to applications once we have received a sufficient number of suitable applicants, so we advise you to submit your application early to prevent disappointment.