About our energy advice project
How our energy advice project can help
- Dealing with fuel debt, including negotiation of affordable payment arrangements and grant applications to Charitable Trusts for arrears and essential household items
- Accessing grants for insulation and other energy efficiency measures
- Finding the cheapest supplier and tariff
- Budgeting for ongoing energy consumption
- Understanding your bill & setting heating controllers
- A home energy audit to identify bespoke energy saving measures
Within Bristol we are able to offer face-to-face advice.
Group sessions and home energy audits to identify bespoke energy savings can be offered to those living in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset and North Somerset (subject to availability of funding).
How do I access energy advice?
Please click here for our accessibility statement
We are currently closed to online referrals and will reopen this service as soon as possible.
Telephone advice: Please call 0800 141 2004 or 0117 954 3544 between 9.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and 1pm to 5pm on Wednesday, and an adviser will call you back.
Face to face: We offer a face to face drop-in advice service at our office and various outreach locations. In order for us to give you the best advice please bring any paperwork relating to your debts and proof of your income. Please be aware that our adviser capacity is limited and it may not be possible to see you straight away. Please click here for our office address and opening hours
Make a referral:
We are currently closed for referrals.
Other useful links
Citizens Advice Bureau – www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/
Centre for Sustainable Energy – www.cse.org.uk/resources/tag:energy-advice
Energy Saving Trust – www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/home-energy-efficiency
National Energy Action – www.nea.org.uk/advice/information-leaflets/
Money Saving Expert – www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity