Talking Money was registered as a charity in February 1990. Set up by a group of volunteer legal professionals, we were originally known as ‘Bristol Debt Advice Centre’ (BDAC), and established as a response to the growing debt crisis in the city.
See Our Story for more information.
Talking Money is now based in West Street, Old Market, from where we provide Debt Advice, Energy Advice, Benefits Advice, Financial Education and Training and Consultancy. As a major provider of money advice in Bristol and South Gloucestershire, and as the lead agency for several partnerships, we play a vital role in making free, independent, confidential and professional advice available to people in financial difficulty.
We exist to:
- Relieve and prevent poverty
- Combat social and financial exclusion
- Promote equality of opportunity
- Promote access to justice for people with financial problems
- Provide education on debt awareness and prevention, benefit rights, financial literacy (including digital skills) and social welfare